Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ah...

Been a while since I last posted, mainly because of illness on my part, but also because of boredom and just lack of a want to do much.  I've been helping my younger two decorate their Valentine's day "mailboxes" for the parties their classes are having on Friday, and it's been great fun.  V has a shoe box that I partially covered with cardboard from a Girl Scout Cookie case to make a lid, then I added a button to the new "top" and a hair elastic attached to another button to the bottom and the elastic loops over the button, holding the whole thing closed.  I then covered the entire thing in white paper, taking care not to use tape on any part where glue would be, since the tape wouldn't really hold the glue well, y'know?  For E, I took a regular cardboard box, one that wasn't too big of course, cut a hole in the top then covered that whole thing with white paper as well, and then a hole in the bottom so that he can get at the goodies inside on Friday!  So now we have two boxes covered in white paper.  Not very Valentine's-like, is it?  So I spent about 2 hours cutting out different-sized hearts from coloured construction paper, most of them fairly large, because I didn't want to spend days on this project.  While I did that, I set the kids to cutting out pictures they likes that reminded them of Valentine's day from some of my MANY old magazines.  The only problem THAT posed was that they decided to just cut out random stuff, mainly pictures of dogs and babies!  So I had to scratch that idea entirely and stick with just the hearts.  We're also going to use stickers that I picked up, so I think they'll enjoy getting to put those on before Friday.  I hope they enjoy all the hard work I put into making these things!  lol

Let's see, other than that, I spent most of today on the couch or in bed, because as I said before, I've not been feeling well.  I did, however, manage to add a few rows to a hat I'm making for a friend's husband, and if I'm lucky I might be able to finish it completely tomorrow!  Once that's done, I think I really need to finish that pillow cover for my mother that I started.  After all, her birthday is tomorrow!  lol  But maybe by Mother's Day I'll manage to get it done.  Guess since she's already waited more than a year, a few more months won't really make much of a difference.  Anyway, that's about it for now.  Just trying to stay on top of these projects so I don't start to feel buried by them.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment