Saturday, July 16, 2011

Days 14 and 15

Okay, okay, I forgot to post for a couple days.  Doesn't mean I wasn't still working, does it?  So I'll make this one short and sweet.  Day 14 was a project I did with the kids, but since we each did our own project, I think it will count.  And if you don't like that PBPBPBPBPBTTT!  Remember, my rules, cuz it's my game!  lol  So here is day 14 for ya!
My first attempt at making a "bowl" out of yarn and glue.

Wee E's first attempt to make a decorative bowl out of yarn and glue.

Wee Miss V's first attempt to make a decorative bowl out of yarn and glue.
Suffice it to say, we tried to follow this link from Disney's FamilyFun website.  I think we were too hasty in trying to get the yarn on, use as little glue as possible, and not enough yarn.  Next time I'll make sure to use more glue (and probably not the cheap stuff from Dollar Tree, lol) and much, MUCH more yarn.  So yes, we will be doing this project again, just not today.  lol

So day 15 was one of those days that just...  I was feeling incredibly inspired, but had absolutely no ambition to do anything, probably thanks to a multitude of factors.  However, I DID manage to get a few things done.  We were at Dollar Tree the other day (they have so much crafts stuff, and for just $1, how could I pass it up?  lol) and my Wee E decided he wanted to spend his own money and buy something.  So I let him buy a sand art kit.  Basically, it's a box with two small plastic jars, four bags of almost neon-coloured sparkly sand, and a tiny funnel.  Well, while Wee Miss V and Wee E made their sand art in the bottles, I used the leftover sand from one of the kits that I had purchased a few weeks ago to make a drawing.  This drawing, to be exact.  :D
Of course, I have closer pictures of various bits, cuz it's actually a SPARKLY "drawing" and I like the sparkliness of it.
Pretty sparkly flower

Lovely sparkly sun!

Sparkly purple birdies!!!
I actually surprised myself with how much fun I had making this.  I knew, with the limited colours of sand that I had, that it would have to be kept fairly simple and almost child-like (a feat which I believe I accomplished rather well, lol) and so this is what I came up with.  And I really like the closer views of the sparkly bits!  lol

But wait!  There's more!  In addition to the pretty sparkliness of the sand art drawing, I also made THIS!
That's right folks, it's a STRAWBERRY!  Not only is it a strawberry, but it's a strawberry I made out of FELT!  And yes, I embroidered on each and every one of those "seeds" by hand.  Took my FOREVER, it did!  But once it was finished and stuffed, I have to admit that I rather like the look of it.  In fact, I'm picturing a whole bunch of felt foods in my future now...  lol  I'm thinking grapes, apples, pumpkins, tomatoes, maybe green beans, possibly corn...  The possibilities are only as endless as my monetary supply!  lol  Right now I do need to get some green felt to finish the top of this little strawberry, but I'm sure that won't kill me.  The husband may try to, but the felt certainly won't!  lol  And just because I can, here's another shot from a different angle:
The funny thing is, I got the idea for this after the "strawberry" fell off my pin cushion that looks like a tomato.  It gave me the idea to make a larger one (and this one IS larger, it's about 3 inches long!) and so I did!  next time, I think I'll make them smaller though, because embroidering on all of those "seeds" took ages and got really tedious toward the end.  I suppose I could have just dotted it with fabric paint, but I think this was the better option really.  Besides, it gave me an excuse to ignore things going on around me that I didn't want to deal with right then.  lol

So anyway, there's my two days of projects!  What's on the agenda for today?  Who knows, but whatever it is, I'm certain it will make it on here at some point!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment