Thursday, July 14, 2011

Days Twelve and Thirteen

Well, I really didn't do much of any crafting the last few days.  It's kinda funny cuz I was on such a roll for like 3 weeks, and then, just as soon as I decide to do a project a day for an entire month, I stall!  However, it's not a COMPLETE loss.  I found some great ideas that I intend to try with the kids this week, as well as some things I'm going to do on my own.  But for now, here are my two projects!

Day twelve was one of those days where I just felt like eh.  But I decided, when I finished my pretty striped dishcloth (which I think I'm going to save and use as a washcloth, I really like it!  lol) that I was going to use the leftover yarn (Lily Sugar and Cream self-striping yarn, I think called "Country Stripes" but I've lost the label and can't remember, lol) and made myself a flower choker.
Isn't it pretty?  Ignore the neck, I only had me as a model for this one.  lol
 So there is is, that is my "Day 12" crafting item.  yes, it's a repeat of one I already made, but PBPBPBPBPBPBTTT!  Who set the rules for this game?  Me, and I say I can make whatever I want, so NYAH!  lol

So then while I was sitting on the couch watching a movie, I started making another flower, just to try to use up the remainder of that ball of yarn.  So I started making another flower, thinking to use up the rest of the yarn on another choker.  But I'm bored with those now, and about halfway through the fourth of six petals, I realized that I had double crocheted the center instead of single, but that gave me an idea!  So I ripped out the petals ONLY, then made them all again, this time going through JUST the front loops instead of both loops like I usually do.  Then, when I reached the end of those petals, I started over again, this time making two half-double crochet stitches in the BACK LOOPS of the petal stitches, so that I ended up with 24 half-double stitches in back of the six petals.  Into these I then made 12 petals consisting of treble stitches instead of double stitches.  And blah, blah, blah, no one really cares about all that, you just want to see the pictures, right?  :D  Thought so.  So here they go!

This is how it ended up looking.  Now keep in mind that I used self-striping cotton yarn for this, which is why the colours are so different, but I really like how it turned out!  Then there are these two versions of the same flower, but with a jeweled button in the centre.  I'm trying to figure out which I like better so that I can attach the entire thing to either a brooch pin or a hair barrette for later use.  Not that I would have any use for anything like this, but hey, like that matters.  :)
Crocheted double flower with green jeweled button center.
Crocheted double flower with turquoise jeweled button in the center.
  Gotta say, I think I'm rather partial to the turquoise center rather than the green.  It really makes the whole thing just look so much lovelier.  Now I just have to find one that's NOT missing stones thanks to my kids playing with them!  :)

So there you have it, two projects posted, and 17 or so more left to go until the end of the month, yay!  Thinking of trying something a bit more ambitious tomorrow, but who knows what may happen between then and now!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment