Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Still working on it...

Yesterday I managed to finish embroidering my oldest's hand onto the pillow cover.  I accomplished this shortly after he came home from school, so I called him out of his bedroom (trying to sound really angry when I did) and exclaimed loudly, "I caught you!  I caught you (flips embroidery around) RED-HANDED!!!"  He started to LAUGH, and said, while walking into the kitchen and toward the pantry, "Ooh, OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH, no, you did NOT just do that!  Oh, man mom, that's just so... (grabs a can off the shelf, jumps and turns at the same time, exposing the label of a can of corn at me as he turns) CORNY!"  Needless to say, we both collapsed into absolute FITS of giggles, to the point that I had trouble breathing.  It was one of those moments that makes me really glad to be his mom, and there are few enough of those since he hit the teenage years!

So last night I started on the blue hand, my middle child's hand.  I figure I'll hold off on the names until I finish all of the hands, just to make sure I have the room for them.  It's not like my kids' names are long or anything, but the pillow cover really isn't that big.  But I'm about halfway through my middle child's hand, and I'm hoping to have it finished and be started on my youngest's hand by this evening.  Then I can try to get the layout for lettering the names done before bed tonight, since the husband is off tomorrow and I usually get almost nothing done when he's home.  Guess he throws off my rhythm somehow.

So I'm trying to decide what my next project will be...  I'm thinking, since I got caught by one of those Facebook things and have to make one thing each for five different friends, that I'll start on those.  I may us this as an excuse to start using up my yarn collection and make the majority of them crocheted hats, maybe scarves if I have enough yarn of that specific colour.  But one friend is getting a baby blanket and hat set.  She's about 14-weeks pregnant (possibly with a girl, she said all the "old wives tale signs" point to that distinct possibility!) but since she hasn't found out the baby's sex yet, I have this beautiful and soft white, green and yellow baby weight yarn that I'll use to make that.  Ooh, I can't wait to finish it and get it mailed out!  Actually, if I time finishing them properly, I might be able to hand-deliver them all when I go to down that way next.  Hmm, must think about that for a bit, since it will probably be within the next month that we head down there.  But it would be neat to have it all finished and be able to meet everyone and hand them out.  Gotta think about that a bit longer...  Anyway, time to get the kids to school, so I gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment